Loans Companies
Loans Articles

UK Home Loans

Buy a new house or send the kids to boarding school

In the UK home loans tend to fall into three main categories: mortgages, home improvement loans, and homeowner loans. Mortgages help you pay for a property, improvement loans pay for redecoration or double glazing, and homeowner loans can be used for almost anything.

UK home loans are available for all kinds of things. You can get a mortgage to help buy a property, or a remortgage to raise more money from your existing property; you can get a home improvement loan to pay for double glazing or a new bathroom; and you can get homeowner loans which, while secured on your property, can be used for almost any purpose including school fees or other big expenses.
They're all very different, but the one thing UK home loans have in common is that they're secured on your property. That's good news because you benefit from some of the lowest interest rates around, but it's bad news if you get into financial trouble, because the lender can ultimately sell your house to get its money back. As with any form of secured loan, it's a very good idea to take out payment protection insurance. helps you find the best loans companies for your specific needs, and gives you background information on the various types of loans available in our loans articles, more loans articles and still more loans articles.

If you can't find what you want on, be sure to check our loans homepage.